Y’all know me, I like to skip to what everyone is here for: The Recipe! If you want to read more about the preparation, its after the details 🙂 Fair warning, this chili is spicy!
- 5lbs Brisket (brown in 1/4c oil)
- 2 cups Yellow Onion
- 1/4 cup Garlic
- 2 Green Peppers (chop big pieces)
- 2Tbsp Cumin
- 2Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1Tbsp Cayenne
- 1Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Big Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2Tbsp Salt
- 1Tbsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Coffee
- 2 cans Kidney Beans
- 6 Basil Leaves
- In a Dutch Oven brown the yellow onion and all garlic.
- Add dry ingredients to pan (cumin, chili powder, cayenne and red pepper flakes) until fragrant.
- Add Tomatoes and Green Peppers to pot. Stir one minute before adding Bay Leaf, Brisket, 1Tbsp Salt and Pepper.
- Cook 2.5 hours.
- Add final Tablespoon of Salt and 1/2 cup of Coffee.
- Cook another hour.
- Add 2 cans of Kidney Beans, stir.
- Its done! Serve with 1 chopped Basil Leaf per bowl, trust me!
The coffee intensifies all flavors! This is the best kickin’ chili you will ever have! #ChefWillman
I can eat Chili plain during cold months every day of the week! But if you can’t, I have some other ideas for you: Chili Mac N Cheese, Empanadas filled with Chili, or Baked Potato with Chili on top! Simple is the name of the game here, and you cannot go wrong with a dish that tastes better on day two after flavors come together more. If this recipe is intimidating with my heat warning, just half the spices!
“I absolutely love it and I know good chili.” — Don, at Winter Food Truck Roundup